We are currently looking for an ALLROUND TEAM MEMBER WITH AN INTEREST IN DESIGN to help us take the first edition of the TEDxAmsterdam Awards to the highest level.
As a Team Member, you will be co-responsible for the creation of the Award Programme, design the setup, help in the creation of the organisational structure and documentation, source participants, partners and sponsors, and work on associated events.
Together with six other Award team members, you will be in charge of creating ongoing, memorable, relevant and innovative content, packed with valuable insights and inspiration.
NB: Because (part of) the Awards Programme will take place in Dutch, we are looking for team members who are proficient in both Dutch and English.
As a team member you will:
- Be responsible for the design and creation of the documentation for the Award team.
- Be responsible for managing and developing our TEDxAmsterdam Award Platform, aiming to be progressive and innovating and driving improvement. On this platform, we will be developing and executing programmes with our community, in which ideas worth doing are accelerated through a focus on storytelling.
- Be in close contact with the other team members of the larger TEDxAmsterdam team to coordinate the implementation of new elements, and make sure it coincides with other parallel projects and timelines.
- Demonstrate personal drive and a sense of urgency, pushing yourself and others to get the best results possible, and willingness to take on any challenge.
- Deliver content-related documents and presentations for different stages and functions within the Award Programme, such as the programme outline, manuals, participations requirements, website content, partner proposals, etc..
- Coordinate, handle queries, and troubleshoot on the day of the events within the programme to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- A team player who can lead by example. You enjoy taking initiative and responsibility, are continuously looking to grow and improve, and are comfortable navigating uncertain situations.
- A goal-getter with a hands-on mentality. Proactive and ahead of the game.
- Someone with a passion for design. You have intermediate/expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Photoshop and/or Indesign to support the team in delivering compelling artwork and presentations.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented. You enjoy reflecting on and improving your own work. Good at keeping an overview, even when you are managing large amounts of information.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to making a positive impact.
- Professional working Dutch and English speaker, writer and reader.
- Become an invaluable part of some of the world’s most influential events.
- Get to know inspiring creators and thinkers from across the globe and connect with people from different sectors and fields.
- A relaxed, informal and flexible work atmosphere.
- Working with a diverse team of professionals in Amsterdam.
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself as a professional in the events industry.
- Affiliate yourself with high-end partners, companies and speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity.
Do you want to explore the possibility of joining the TEDxAmsterdam Award team? Please read the detailed job descriptions and requirements below! Are you the candidate we are looking for? Send your motivation (in any way you like – creativity is encouraged!) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 March, 2021 (extended deadline). Please also include your CV. We will review applications as they come in.