We are currently looking for a Programme Curator to help us take the next TEDxAmsterdam edition to an unprecedented level. As a member of the Speakers and Programme Team, you will be co-responsible for the content of our events. Alongside three other programme curators, you will be in charge of creating an incredible conference experience for our attendees, packed with valuable insights and inspiration. The job starts in May and we ask you to be available for 4 to 8 hours per week.
Experience and skills:
As a programme curator you will:
- Be responsible for co-curating the big TEDx Amsterdam flagship event taking place in November 2021.
- Share our passion about the latest developments within the chosen theme and overall TEDx values, and do research into speakers, companies and trends.
- Work closely with confirmed speakers to help them prepare for their talks, explaining the format, audience and context, and giving them feedback throughout the preparation process.
- Match speakers to their speaker coach and keep track of the talk development. You’ll ensure that their narrative complements the overall programme.
- Collaborate with our Programme Producer to make sure everything is taken care of for the speakers, including their travel and accommodation and press and media introductions.
- Coordinate any storytelling efforts around the themes and speakers you work on with the Communication Team at TEDxAmsterdam.
- A team player who enjoys taking initiative and responsibility. You are continuously looking to grow and improve, and are comfortable navigating uncertain times.
- An experienced storyteller with a big and diverse network, able to support speakers in turning their insights and vision into a noteworthy TEDxAmsterdam talk.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented. You enjoy reflecting on and improving your own processes. You keep an overview, even when you are managing large amounts of information.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to making a positive impact.
- Professional working Dutch and English speaker, writer and reader.
- Become an invaluable part of some of the world’s most influential events.
- Get to know inspiring creators and thinkers from across the globe. Connect with people from different sectors and fields.
- A relaxed, informal and flexible work atmosphere.
- Working with a diverse team of professionals in Amsterdam.
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself as a professional curator.
- Affiliate yourself with high-end partners, companies and speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity.
Do you want to explore the possibility of joining the TEDxAmsterdam team?
We’d love to hear from you! Send a short cover letter and CV (or send in your motivation the way you like – creativity is encouraged!) before June 20th 2021.
We will review applications as they come in.