Our website is a platform for our TEDxCommunity with an huge collection of inspirational videos, articles, speakers profiles and more. Besides the websites function as a platform, every year we will host several TEDx events, which then our website will be transformed to campaign and support these events.
As a Front-End Developer/Webmaster you will be working with all team departments of TEDxAmsterdam, from communication, productions to awards teams etc. Your primary role will be to support the development and user experience of the TEDxAmsterdam website.
You make sure that the right information/content is put in the right place and you are responsible for the layout and maintaining its architecture and structure. You will be the Marie Kondo of our website.
You are technical savvy as well as some downright creative. A mixture of right- and left-brain work
Your DNA: pixel perfect, detail orientated with a creative flair
Your Motto: I shall not use any plugins if we can “code” it within 100 lines.
Your Work Ethics: Organised, clean, neat and consistent.
Overview Job Scope
- Liaising with other team departments regarding content, structure, site issues and campaigns
- Update or develop dynamic content pages on the website to keep pages fresh and intriguing
- Ensuring functionality and efficiency (speed)
- Ensuring all content is adapted to performance, brand & web accessibility guidelines
- Ensuring their consistency on all platforms
- Enhance user interfaces and user experience
- Implement new website functionality
- Troubleshoot website operation; Locate and Debug website issues, fix broken links or images
- Manage access rights for users and user permissions
- Monitor and analyze site performance (traffic, speed and conversions)
- Runnings checks for SEO and Google compliancy
- Check W3C validations and compliance and know how to use GWT and Google analytics
- Follow Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Testing website across: Browsers (all compatible), Operating System (all compatible), Resolutions (current top 5 ranked) and Devices (Tablet, Mobile and Desktop)
- High Proficiency (1-2 years experience) with WordPress
- Working knowledge of web standards (HTML5, CSS, W3C , XML, XHTML);
- Familiar with Elementor, ACF, Custom Post Types, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Guidelines
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Elementor is a plus
- Ability to communicate well with others and willing to share skills and knowledge
If you enjoy providing technical direction and expertise on front-end solutions as well as solving any technical and UX challenges to deliver inspiring experiences to our TEDxAmsterdam community online, this role is for you!
Ready to take the next step to join an inspiring team? Apply now.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa Xiu, firstname.lastname@example.org