Our website is a platform for our TEDxCommunity with a huge collection of inspirational videos, articles, speakers profiles and more. Besides the websites function as a platform, every year we will host several TEDx events, which then our website will be transformed to campaign and support these events.
As a Back End Web Developer you will be working with the web team of TEDxAmsterdam. Your primary role will be to support the development and user experience of the TEDxAmsterdam website requested by Front End or Team Lead.
Your primary focus will be development of all back end related logic and maintenance of database, you are responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work front-end web developers do, such as writing web services and APIs used by front-end developers. In order to make sure the website is scalable we limit the use of any third-party plugins, therefor you are required to write scripts. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. You are also tasked with maintaining and testing existing back end elements to ensure they’re as fast and efficient as possible. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Your DNA: PHP Guru and MySQL master
Your Motto: If it ain’t broke, do not fix it !
Your Work Ethics: Organised, clean, neat and consistent.
Overview Job Scope
- Data migration (of mostly posts), transformation, and scripting
- Writing high-quality code. Clean coding, responsible coding.
- Writing scripts in PHP when necessary to customize
- Design and implement new features and functionalities
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (.htaccess etc.)
- Ensure website security and monitor site accesses
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration
- Setup and administration of backups
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot server end (DB, DNS etc)
- Optimize loading site speeds and capacity server end (caches)
- Restoring website from scratch as if it’s never been touched, hacked or cracked before
- Monitor Integrations with Newsletter (Mailchimp), Social Media,Ticket sales (Eventbrite), Photo Stream (Flickr), Videos (Youtube)
- Perform any necessary updates, work with staging sites
- Troubleshooting and debugging, Minimize downtime
- Proficient in WordPress and Elementor, ACF, CustomPost Type
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS, W3C , XML, XHTML;
- Familiar with Lottie/JSON, Bootstrap , GSAP (GreenSock), the more the better
- Knowledge and experience with compliance and data security is also important, especially after the implementation of GDPR.
If you enjoy coding and supporting and being an expertise on back end solutions as well as solving any technical and UX challenges to deliver inspiring experiences to our TEDxAmsterdam community online, this role is for you!
Ready to take the next step to join an inspiring team? Apply now.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa Xiu, firstname.lastname@example.org