We are hiring !
Eager to join a team of ambitious and inspired change makers? Then we are looking for you! Read the individual job descriptions below and apply today.
Programme Curator (part time volunteer position) .
In 2009, Amsterdam hosted the first TEDxAmsterdam event. TEDxAmsterdam is a conference that provides a stage for speakers to inspire under TED’s overall mission to research and discover “ideas worth spreading”.
Each year a large group of volunteers dedicate their time and energy to set up this event, acting as personal ambassadors for change and innovation. TEDxAmsterdam events are not subsidised and are run on the enthusiasm of our sponsors and volunteers.
What we need:
We are currently looking for an experienced Programme Curator to help us take the next TEDxAmsterdam edition to an unprecedented level. You will be co-responsible for the content of our events and ensure the continuity of the work of our current Programme Curator who will be going on maternity leave.
Interim for 7 months, after which we will further explore roles and responsibilities.
Alongside three other programme curators, you will be in charge of creating an incredible conference experience for our attendees, packed with valuable insights and inspiration.
Experience and skills:
As a programme curator you will:
- Be responsible for co-curating several TEDx Amsterdam events ranging from salons, partner events and the big flagship event taking place in July 2021.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the latest developments within the chosen themes by doing research into speakers, companies and trends. You will also be in touch with (potential) visitors of our events to learn what they would like to see at TEDxAmsterdam.
- Assemble an advisory board to ensure an eclectic mix of speakers on stage. You will be co-responsible for selecting, inviting and preparing meetings for the board.
- Work closely with confirmed speakers to help them prepare for their talks, explaining the format, audience and context, and giving them feedback throughout the preparation process.
- Match speakers to their speaker coach and keep track of the talk development. Making sure that their narrative complements the overall program.
- Collaborate with our Programme Producer to make sure everything is taken care of for the speakers, including their travel and accommodation, press and media introductions and invitations to invite-only side events, like our renowned speaker dinner.
- Coordinate any storytelling efforts around the themes and speakers you work on with the Communication team at TEDxAmsterdam.
- A team player who can lead by example. You enjoy taking initiative and responsibility, continuously looking to grow and improve and are comfortable navigating uncertain times.
- An experienced storyteller with a big and diverse network, able to support speakers in turning their insights and vision into a noteworthy TEDxAmsterdam talk.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented. You enjoy reflecting on and improving your own processes. Good at keeping an overview, even when you are managing large amounts of information.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to making a positive impact.
- Professional working Dutch and English speaker, writer and reader.
- Become an invaluable part of some of the world’s most influential events.
- Get to know inspiring creators and thinkers from across the globe. Connect with people from different sectors and fields.
- A relaxed, informal and flexible work atmosphere.
- Working with a diverse team of professionals in Amsterdam.
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself as a professional curator.
- Affiliate yourself with high-end partners, companies and speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity