We are hiring !
Eager to join a team of ambitious and inspired change makers? Then we are looking for you! Read the individual job descriptions below and apply today.
(Part-time volunteer position, ca. 4 hrs/wk)
Partnership Manager .
In 2009, TEDxAmsterdam hosted the very first TEDx-event in the Netherlands and Europe. Ever since, TEDxAmsterdam has become much more than a conference. We provide a stage for inspiration under TED’s international banner of “ideas worth spreading”. More than that, we are an active community and a movement for positive change.
Each year, a large group of volunteers dedicate their time and energy to set up events and build our community, acting as personal ambassadors for change and innovation. TEDxAmsterdam events are not subsidised and are run on the enthusiasm of our partners, sponsors and volunteers.
What do we need:
We are currently looking for an experienced Partnership Manager to help us take the next TEDxAmsterdam edition to an unprecedented level. As a Partnership Manager you will join our Partner Team. You will be responsible for finding new partners who want to collaborate with TEDxAmsterdam, and for maintaining, enhancing, and reinventing the relationships with our existing partners.
Experience and skills:
As a member of the Partner Team, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up partnerships and campaigns with our (potential) partners
- Actively approaching new potential partners, and inventing ways to collaborate
- Building a strong network of long-lasting relationships with our partners
- Creating your own sales pipeline with potential partners, sharing progress and including other team members when needed
- Being the bridge between our partners and the rest of the TEDxAmsterdam team and organisation
- A born networker with high energy – pro-active with a hands-on mentality, and a team player
- Someone who enjoys taking initiative and responsibility, and is not afraid to create new business opportunities
- Technologically savvy, and able to communicate via different platforms and media
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to making a positive impact on your community
- A proficient and professional communicator (oral and written) in English and preferably Dutch
- Excellent in relationship management
- Creative and solution-driven
- Become an invaluable part of some of the world’s most influential events
- Get to know inspiring creators and thinkers from across the globe and connect with people from different sectors and fields
- A relaxed, informal and flexible work atmosphere
- Working with a diverse team of professionals in Amsterdam
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself as a professional
- Affiliate yourself with high-end partners, companies and speakers
- An excellent networking opportunity
Programme Curator (POSITION FILLED) .
- Be responsible for co-curating several TEDx Amsterdam events ranging from salons, partner events and the big flagship event taking place in July 2021.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the latest developments within the chosen themes by doing research into speakers, companies and trends. You will also be in touch with (potential) visitors of our events to learn what they would like to see at TEDxAmsterdam.
- Assemble an advisory board to ensure an eclectic mix of speakers on stage. You will be co-responsible for selecting, inviting and preparing meetings for the board.
- Work closely with confirmed speakers to help them prepare for their talks, explaining the format, audience and context, and giving them feedback throughout the preparation process.
- Match speakers to their speaker coach and keep track of the talk development. Making sure that their narrative complements the overall program.
- Collaborate with our Programme Producer to make sure everything is taken care of for the speakers, including their travel and accommodation, press and media introductions and invitations to invite-only side events, like our renowned speaker dinner.
- Coordinate any storytelling efforts around the themes and speakers you work on with the Communication team at TEDxAmsterdam.
- A team player who can lead by example. You enjoy taking initiative and responsibility, continuously looking to grow and improve and are comfortable navigating uncertain times.
- An experienced storyteller with a big and diverse network, able to support speakers in turning their insights and vision into a noteworthy TEDxAmsterdam talk.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented. You enjoy reflecting on and improving your own processes. Good at keeping an overview, even when you are managing large amounts of information.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to making a positive impact.
- Professional working Dutch and English speaker, writer and reader.
- Become an invaluable part of some of the world’s most influential events.
- Get to know inspiring creators and thinkers from across the globe. Connect with people from different sectors and fields.
- A relaxed, informal and flexible work atmosphere.
- Working with a diverse team of professionals in Amsterdam.
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself as a professional curator.
- Affiliate yourself with high-end partners, companies and speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity